Summit Bank: Protecting You
Nothing can replace your vigilance in monitoring your accounts through review of your bank statements and/or online banking. Those are clearly the best ways to protect yourself and detect unauthorized activity (i.e., stolen checks, unauthorized withdrawals, unauthorized debit card activity, etc.). Reporting any suspicious or unauthorized activity in a timely manner to a Summit Bank is critical in protecting your accounts. However, nothing is more important to Summit Bank than you – our customer. We take your security very seriously and some of the safeguards we’ve undertaken to help protect you are:
Online Banking Protections:
- User IDs & Passwords are required to validate/confirm your identity. Clients should never share their login credentials with anyone and should never provide sensitive information to anyone over the phone or through an email request. Summit Bank will never place unsolicited calls or send unsolicited emails asking you to provide your login credentials or any other sensitive information. Do not save your login credentials in your browser or elsewhere.
- Challenge Questions are asked to help validate/confirm your identity as necessary before access is granted.
- The timeout feature will automatically end your session after an extended period of inactivity. Always sign-off and close the browser when your online session is complete.
- Firewall Protection is in place to help protect your online information.
- 128 bit encryption is used to help protect and scramble the content of your online session.
- Passmark is an identity theft and fraud prevention tool used by Summit Bank to help you ensure you are securely logging onto our valid Summit Bank site and not on a spoofed or unauthorized website. A series of images, phrases, and/or questions known only to you are provided during the login phase which helps confirm you are on the legitimate bank site.
Debit Card Protections:
- Fraud Monitoring monitors your card account for suspicious activity.
- Call 1-800-500-1044 and select option 1 to report a lost or stolen debit card. Visit or call your Summit Bank office immediately. (Click here to find your local Summit Bank office).
- CVV (Card Verification Value) number is a three digit security code on the back of your Summit Bank debit card that helps merchants ensure you are in possession of your card when making online purchases.
- PIN Protection is a personal information number used to help protect you when making ATM withdrawals or conducting point-of-sale transactions. You should always avoid PIN numbers that are easy to identify (avoid dates of birth, phone numbers, etc.). Never give your PIN to anyone and never write your PIN on your card or leave it in your purse or wallet.
Business / Commercial Account Protections:
Summit Bank recommends all business/commercial customers periodically perform a risk assessment and controls evaluation on their own information systems and accounting practices. Additional safeguards for business clients can be found in the “Security Center” on www.summitbankna.com.
- Positive Pay – Summit Bank Positive Pay Services help detect check fraud by matching checks presented for payment against the company issued check file (checks written).
- ACH Block and/or Fraud Filter Protection – Blocks ALL ACH debit transactions or allows our business customers to select companies they authorize to debit their account.
Rights, Responsibilities and Liability:
The section titled "Your Rights and Responsibilities" in the Electronic Funds Transfer agreement of your account disclosure statement describes your rights, responsibilities and liabilities applicable under banking law with respect to your check card, online banking and electronic funds transactions. Please read this section carefully.
Location Services / Protections:
Summit Bank can assist you with filing a fraud claim and/or in providing guidance to help protect you if you suspect your account information has potentially been compromised.
Additional Customer Protection Resources located on summitbankna.com:
Additional safeguards pertaining to risk control mechanisms, information security, customer protection, and fraud prevention measures can be located in the “Security Center” on Summit Bank’s website at www.summitbankna.com.
Summit Bank Contact Numbers:
If you need assistance regarding a concern or for questions, please visit or call your Summit Bank office immediately during regular business hours.
Please do not send any sensitive, confidential, or non-public information via this email address as it is non-secure.